The SHEER trend for clothing has made a comeback in fashion!
There have been many mixed reviews on how comfortable people feel about wearing “transparent clothing.”
What are your thoughts?
Here are a few tips for wearing sheer blouses in unveiling and exposing some skin in a fashionable manor.
- Layer It – One tip for how to wear sheer blouses involves some smart layering. Since sheer blouses often show what’s underneath, a slip worn below is a wise choice. Make things more interesting by teaming a neutral blouse with a colorful slip. Alternatively show off a stylish bra or crop top underneath for a more daring look. When layering over the top, pair a sheer blouse with a blazer for some structure or a knit sweater for warmth.
- Keep it Loose- Sheer blouses are best worn loose. The more fitted the sheer garment, the more risque your look becomes. The look should be relaxed and floaty. Keep your sheet blouse chic by wearing one in a looser fitting style.
- Button it Up – Look sharp when it comes to how to wear a sheer blouse by buttoning it up all the way. Wearing it in such a conservative manner can help balance out the sheer and risque natural of it all. Tuck it into a pencil skirt or pop on a blazer for an office-friendly look.
- Pair Materials Wisely- When you’re wearing a sheer blouse, it pays to pay attention to the rest of your outfit. Since sheer blouses can be quite voluminous, try creating structure on your bottom half by wearing stiffer fabrics. Also, take notice of sharp accessories that could possibly catch and pull on your sheer blouse
- Play Up Texture- Emphasize sheer fabrics by teaming them with contrasting textures. When thinking of ways for how to wear sheer blouses know that leather pants, faux fur vests, and brocade skirts are all chic option for this season.
- Choose a Pattern- Draw attention away from the sheerness of a garment by choosing one in a bold pattern. It’ll add an interesting twist to your outfit and can also act as a bit of a distraction if you choose to simply wear a bra or crop top underneath.
- Be Cautious- When figuring out how to wear sheer blouses, it always pays to err on the side of caution. Remember that the fabric will appear more see through in bright lighting and underneath camera flashes so if you’re scared of any indecent exposure, it’s better to be safe than sorry when styling your shirt!
Check out the full article here: 7 Tips for Wearing Sheer
As an integral part of our twice-annual trip to New York City for Couture Bridal Market we are always on the lookout for a...