It’s important that you have something to give to attendees so they remember you after the show. Your promotional piece will inevitably end up in a bag with many others so it is important that it stands out.
Most vendors will choose to hand out a card or a brochure, so if you choose to go this route you will have more competition, so think of ways to make your flier stand out. Oversized or square cards will tend to get more attention because they don’t easily stack with traditional tri-fold brochures. Using die-cut shapes and laser-cut designs have become much more affordable and will stand out in the crowd.
If you want to hand out promotional products consider items that will grab attendee’s attention and align with your brand. Before you select trade show giveaway items, first consider whether or not they support your corporate image, brand persona or your current marketing campaign.
Make sure your giveaway has your company logo printed or engraved on it. No matter how cool the giveaway item is, you will lose out on exposure if it cannot be immediately linked back to your company.
Think of giveaway items that tie-in to your brand and your specific part of the industry. This will help attendees associate your brand with segment of the wedding planning and give you additional brand prominence within your specific market.
While unique and fun trade show giveaways are always a great way to generate interest in your brand, practical items can present more value to visitors, creating greater long-term impact. Consider items that will be immediately useful to attendees such as tote bags, pens, hand sanitizer and water bottles. Some of the most valuable trade show giveaways are ones that will be in frequent use, such as LED keychain flashlights, cellphone wallets and phone chargers.
Expensive and flashy giveaway items might garner the attention of attendees, but you want to make sure that you get the most bang for your buck. Look for inexpensive alternatives that can pack a similar punch. Make sure your staff does not frivolously hand out giveaways to every passerby. Instead, identify actions that earn giveaways like booking an appointment, signing up for a give-away, liking you on Facebook or watching your video.
On the surface, giveaway items seem to be one of the easiest decisions associated with exhibiting. However, selecting the perfect impactful giveaway item can be difficult. To help you select the right promotional item, we have outlined a list of popular trade show giveaways and their benefits.
Smartphone Wallet or Case
• These items are typically easy on your marketing budget and lightweight, making it easy for both you and the attendee to transport to and from the show. Smartphone wallets and cases are usually easily branded. You can place your company logo or slogan on this easily and cost-effectively.
Reusable Water Bottles
• Reusable water bottles are one of the most practical giveaway items attendees will receive because they can be used repeatedly. We also love this item because you can use water bottles in your office as a nice take-away item when couples or clients come in for appointments, so products are not wasted if you have extras after the show. These reusable water bottles are also eco-friendly, which is a positive brand message.
• We notice that brides are always on the hunt for tote bags when they arrive at the show, and excited to receive them. They can immediately utilize your tote bag as they gather materials throughout the show. This is also a great opportunity for you to include additional promotional pieces and goodies inside the bag. Bags allow for a large logo display and effective branding.
• Lip balm is typically one of the least expensive items for you to invest in as a giveaway item. This item also lasts a long time so you can order in bulk and keep additional inventory for upcoming shows and events.
• This giveaway item will be useful and appreciated by most of the attendees walking through our shows- especially the millennials. in fact, this item is so useful that it is sure to drive some extra attention and traffic to your exhibit space.
• Who doesn’t love a free t-shirt! If you are successful in designing a trendy piece of apparel, attendees can wear this giveaway around the show floor, serving as a walking advertisement! Again, the size of this promotional giveaway allows you to easily place your company logo and information.
• We’ve all asked a co-worker or friend if they have a breath mint to share, this item is easily shared by show attendees after the show, and they just might be sharing a mint with a potential prospect! Mints are also inexpensive and small, making them easy to store and transport from show to show.
• We believe that nothing compares to a live sample or demonstration of your product or service. After all, this is what makes tradeshows stand out against all other forms of marketing- couples can touch, taste, smell and see what you have to offer! Couples are often more receptive to a “sales pitch” if they can sample the product for themselves.
We met Randy when Kleinfeld Bridal came out with their own bridal collection and when we would go to New York for Couture...