When it’s time to make that special shopping trip to find your once in a lifetime dress for your wedding day, it is easy to get overwhelmed and swept up into the emotions of such a special moment. We have created a list of things to keep in mind throughout the entire dress shopping process.
Set a budget
- Before you get carried away going into a bridal shop setting a budget to work around is a must on shopping for your special dress, make sure you are up front with your consultant about this number so she doesn’t bring you dresses out of your price range. Nothing is worse than falling in love with a dress you can’t afford.
- Start shopping around for a dress 9-12 months before! Think ahead of the game, less stress on you months before your wedding month.
- Find dress styles that are fit for your body type, silhouettes you like, and necklines you are drawn to. You will want to look and feel your absolute best and that starts with finding a style that you feel comfortable in.
Pin, Post, & Save!
- A bride can never have too much inspiration when it comes to wedding dresses on their phone. Pinterest is your best friend! Pin dresses you like, screenshot posts or you are drawn to, ip out pages of bridal magazines, save photos you see online the more the better for your looking and your salon’s stylist.
- Book your bridal salon appointments! You might have some in mind, but make sure to have a variety.
Bride Tribe selection
- You need your posse with you when you shop for your dress! Make sure to choose a group with positive input and trustworthiness. This should be a stress-free, yet meaningful experience for you.
Jot down questions
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions during your bridal salon visits! No question is a stupid question, some good questions are how long does tailoring take? Will your dress ship to you or do you pick it up in store? What’s the best way to travel with your gown etc.
Be prepared (properly)
- Being comfortable and prepared for changing out and into dresses is important. Nude panties, going bra-less or bring along a strapless bra for certain gown styles. Bring a pair of heels to get somewhat of a full look of the gown, easy on and off clothes.
Be open to options
- (most of us) have had the picture of our dream wedding dress since we got engaged or even years before.. always be open for options! This will help you narrow down your options but don’t be against to trying on something outside of the box, you never know until you try it!
Say “YES” to the dress!
- Once your options are narrowed down and you pick out your gown, say YES to the dress and go with your gut!
Happy shopping ♡
Unless you’re a celebrity, you’re probably not getting professional hair and make-up done every day. So when it comes...