Planning a wedding is so exciting because you get to host a big party for all your friends and family! But how to begin creating your guest list? Use this Wedding Guest List Checklist and Timeline so you know when to send Save the Dates, Formal Invitations, and when to finalize your guest count. Plus, we have a Guest List Spreadsheet Template to keep all of your party organized.
WEDDING GUEST LIST CHECKLIST + TIMELINE
- Create a preliminary guest list to determine guest list size
- Use this Guest List Spreadsheet Template to track your guests
- Order Save the Dates
- Create your wedding website and track your RSVP’s here
- Address and mail save the dates
- Order invitations
- Finalize Guest List
- Address and mail out formal invitations
- RSVPs should be due one month prior to the wedding
- Look over guest list and contact those who have not RSVP’d
- Finalize seating chart
- Send final guest count to caterer, bar service, and venue
- Send “Thank You” notes to guests
- TIP: Aim to send within 3 months of the wedding
OR CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO SAVE TO YOUR CAMERA ROLL
Be sure to check out our other planning checklists!
How to Tell Guests You’ve Postponed the Date
We all know about save-the-dates, and while not everyone chooses to use them, many couples now have to inform guests about...
10 Ways to Include Your Future Mother-in-Law
If you are recently engaged, this may be the first time you celebrate two women on mother’s day! Bride and Mother of the...
Top 10 Stunning Choices for Diamond Engagement Ring Shapes
As the holidays approach, many couples are preparing to get engaged. That usually means getting a ring! Before you buy a...