The bridal (or couple’s shower) is often hosted by the maid of honor, bridal party, or family members of the bride and groom. It’s an opportunity to celebrate the couple before their big wedding day with close family and friends. Whether you are hosting at your home, a restaurant, or an event venue, we have a step-by-step Bridal Shower Checklist and Timeline so you can plan with confidence.
This checklist also works for a couple’s shower where both future spouses are honored at the same event versus just the bride.
BRIDAL SHOWER CHECKLIST + TIMELINE
- Choose a date
- TIP: Hold the party 2-3 months prior to the wedding date
- Create a guest list with the bride, groom, and family
- Choose a theme
- Choose a location
- Purchase invitations
- Ensure the couple has registered for items
- Send out physcial invitations or create an Eventbrite or Facebook event
- Choose and purchase decor items
- If day-of activities include info from the bride and groom (ex: bridal bingo) get answers from them early
- Plan food and beverage
- Hire vendors you may need
- Floral, event rental supplies, catering, bar service, bakery
- Plan an activity or two the whole group will enjoy
- Check in with venue and vendors to confirm services
- Purchase favors and prizes for games
- Shop for and prepare food
- Arrange delivery of any rental or food items
- Ask for assistance with any last-minute tasks
- Cook and clean (if hosting at home)
- Decorate the venue
- Assign your Maid of Honor to record gifts for “Thank You” notes
- Play The Wedding Guys® Bridal Shower Playlist
OR CLICK THE IMAGE BELOW TO SAVE TO YOUR CAMERA ROLL
Be sure to check out our other planning checklists!
Alright Bachelor(ette)s… It’s your time to shine and have a weekend you will never forget. But with all that...