Some venues might provide tables, chairs, linens, and basic decor, while others may not provide any of those things. An event rental and decor company provides everything you need to give your day a glamorous touch from boutique lounge furniture to pretty chargers and centerpiece items. Before you meet with a local rental company, we have a list of questions to ask at your appointment and a Wedding Rentals Checklist and Timeline so you know when and what to order for your day.
Questions to Ask Your Wedding Rental & Decor Provider
- Are you available for my wedding date?
- What deposit do you require?
- When is the final payment due?
- How many weddings does your company service in a day?
- Can I get a contract in writing?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Can you share some reviews with me?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How far in advance should I book with you?
- Do you have any delivery fees?
- What is your delivery area?
- When will you drop off and pick up items?
- Do you have inventory I can see?
- What kind of items do you offer?
- What are your most trending items?
- Do you have an on-site manager for installation?
- Do you have a labor minimum for delivery or install?
- Can I pick up and return the items myself?
- Do you have pre-made styles? Can I customize a design?
- Are you familiar with my venue?
- How long is the rental period?
- What happens if an item is damaged?
- Do you have relevant permits and insurance?
- Do you have any extra fees? I.e. sales tax, service fees, damage waivers
WEDDING RENTALS CHECKLIST + TIMELINE
- Get inspired and start designing your wedding day!
- Create Pinterest boards and mood boards for style inspo
- Select theme and style of wedding
- Discuss restrictions with ceremony and reception site(s)
- Attend a wedding show to meet rental companies and see their inventory
- Research local event rental companies
- Visit rental showroom(s)
- Reserve rental and decor items
- Lounge furniture
- Candle holders
- Photo booths
- Misc. Decor items
- Schedule delivery and setup of rentals
- Confirm arrival and pickup time
- Send them a day-of schedule and floor plan layout
OR CLICK THE BELOW IMAGES TO SAVE TO YOUR CAMERA ROLL
Be sure to check out our other planning checklists!
Once you’re engaged and you begin planning your dream wedding, the list of things involved can feel seemingly endless. Even...