Your wedding day isn’t the only thing to plan once you get engaged! The honeymoon is a perfect way to relax with your new spouse after the wedding and get much-needed R & R. Whether you are new to traveling or a frequent flyer, using this Honeymoon Checklist and Timeline will help you have an amazing couples getaway. Plus, we have questions to ask a travel agent when they help you book your travels!
Questions to Ask Your Travel Agent
- How long have you been a travel specialist?
- What is your specialty?
- How long have you been in the industry?
- What are the most popular destinations for honeymooners?
- What are your favorite destinations?
- What are your favorite properties?
- What perks and packages do these properties offer?
- When is the best time to visit our desired destination?
- Can you recommend activities in the area we’re staying?
- Can you set up transportation to and from the airport?
- When should we book our trip?
- Can you help customize our trip?
- Are you available if there is an emergency during our trip?
- Can we pay a deposit now and the rest later?
- Do you provide travel insurance?
- What is the most favorable pricing for our destination?
- Are there any travel restrictions or vaccination requirements for our desired location?
HONEYMOON CHECKLIST + TIMELINE
- Research info about your desired honeymoon destination(s)
- Meet with a travel specialist to discuss options
- Did you know? A travel specialist’s services don’t cost you anything!
- Begin budgeting for your trip
- TIP: Set up a honeymoon fund on your registry!
- Check out any current travel restrictions and health and/or vaccination requirements for your destination
- Attend the Honeymoon & Destination Wedding Showcase to meet travel agents and get inspired
- Book honeymoon travel and accommodations
- TIP: Use your maiden name — if changing your last name — on all reservations so that your passport matches your confirmations
- Make sure your passport is up to date
- New requirements state that your passport must be valid for 6 months following your travel date
- Research restaurants, tours, day trips, and excursions
- Plan honeymoon wardrobe and travel needs
- Arrange pet-sitting/house-sitting services for time away
- Check luggage allowances with airline
- Book any tours, restaurant reservations, and excursions
- Confirm you have all travel documents needed
- Pack your honeymoon bags
- Call your cell phone carrier to upgrade to an international plan if needed
- Confirm house and/or pet-sitting arrangements
- TIP: Ask the house sitter to place any mailed registry gifts inside of your home so they don’t sit outside while you’re gone or ask the post office to hold packages
- Confirm flight times
- Check the weather forecast at your destination
- Set work voicemail and email to “Out of Office”
BONUS TIP: Your honeymoon doesn’t have to be immediately after your wedding! Consider taking a minimoon to a local destination and then have the long vacation at a later date.
OR CLICK THE BELOW IMAGES TO SAVE TO YOUR CAMERA ROLL
Be sure to check out our other planning checklists!
National Stepfamily Day is just around the corner on September 16th. We are listing some great ways to include your kids and...