After a long day of celebrating your wedding day, you’ll want a nearby place for you and your guests to rest! Setting up a wedding room block at a hotel close to your venue helps out-of-town guests find accommodations, and makes transportation that much more seamless. Plus, many hotels will provide discounts! Here is a Wedding Hotel Checklist and Timeline plus questions to go over with the hotel property prior to booking!
Questions to Ask Your Hotel & Accommodations Property
- What room rates do you offer?
- What is included in the rate?
- Is parking included?
- Will guests have an online code to receive the group rate or do they have to call the hotel directly?
- How early should I reserve my room block?
- What is the minimum number of rooms to book?
- When do guests need to book by?
- Can guests receive the discounted rate if they want to stay longer?
- Are we responsible for paying for unused rooms?
- Can you distribute welcome bags for our guests? If so, is there a fee?
- Do you have suites/a honeymoon suite?
- Will my guests’ rooms be close together or scattered?
- Do you offer complimentary rooms if we fill the room block?
- Do you have a shuttle service?
- Is there a restaurant/bar on-site? Is there breakfast?
- What is your cancellation policy on room blocks?
- Do you offer late check out options?
- Do you have a designated contact for room blocks?
- Do you allow pets to stay at your property?
WEDDING HOTEL CHECKLIST + TIMELINE
- Start researching for hotels and accommodations near your wedding venue
- Arrange accommodations for guests, and for you and your fiancé
- Book getting ready rooms at the hotel if there aren’t any on-site at your venue
- Add an accommodations detail card in your invitation suite and post details to your wedding website
- Coordinate transportation between the hotel(s) and your venue
- Review room blocks and final pricing for bridal & getting-ready suites
- Put together welcome bags for out-of-town guests
- Deliver wedding welcome bags to the hotel(s)
- Enjoy room service and a late check out!
OR CLICK THE BELOW IMAGES TO SAVE TO YOUR CAMERA ROLL
Be sure to check out our other planning checklists!
Sponsored by Hyatt Regency Bloomington One of the first items on your wedding checklist should be choosing a great venue....
Some venues might provide tables, chairs, linens, and basic decor, while others may not provide any of those things. An event...