After a long day of celebrating your wedding day, you’ll want a nearby place for you and your guests to rest! Setting up a wedding room block at a hotel close to your venue helps out-of-town guests find accommodations, and makes transportation that much more seamless. Plus, many hotels will provide discounts! Here is a Wedding Hotel Checklist and Timeline plus questions to go over with the hotel property prior to booking!
Questions to Ask Your Hotel & Accommodations Property
- What room rates do you offer?
- What is included in the rate?
- Is parking included?
- Will guests have an online code to receive the group rate or do they have to call the hotel directly?
- How early should I reserve my room block?
- What is the minimum number of rooms to book?
- When do guests need to book by?
- Can guests receive the discounted rate if they want to stay longer?
- Are we responsible for paying for unused rooms?
- Can you distribute welcome bags for our guests? If so, is there a fee?
- Do you have suites/a honeymoon suite?
- Will my guests’ rooms be close together or scattered?
- Do you offer complimentary rooms if we fill the room block?
- Do you have a shuttle service?
- Is there a restaurant/bar on-site? Is there breakfast?
- What is your cancellation policy on room blocks?
- Do you offer late check out options?
- Do you have a designated contact for room blocks?
- Do you allow pets to stay at your property?
WEDDING HOTEL CHECKLIST + TIMELINE
- Start researching for hotels and accommodations near your wedding venue
- Arrange accommodations for guests, and for you and your fiancé
- Book getting ready rooms at the hotel if there aren’t any on-site at your venue
- Add an accommodations detail card in your invitation suite and post details to your wedding website
- Coordinate transportation between the hotel(s) and your venue
- Review room blocks and final pricing for bridal & getting-ready suites
- Put together welcome bags for out-of-town guests
- Deliver wedding welcome bags to the hotel(s)
- Enjoy room service and a late check out!
OR CLICK THE BELOW IMAGES TO SAVE TO YOUR CAMERA ROLL
Be sure to check out our other planning checklists!