The music and entertainment at a wedding can totally make or break the vibe of your day, so make sure you hit every detail and hire the right pros! Whether you’re looking for a string quartet, live band, or DJ, we have questions to ask when interviewing them as well as a Wedding Entertainment Checklist and Timeline!
Questions to Ask Your Wedding Entertainment
- Are you available for my wedding date?
- How many weddings does your company service in a day?
- Can I get a contract in writing?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What deposit do you require?
- When is the final payment due?
- Can you share some reviews with me?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How far in advance should I book with you?
- Do you have any travel fees?
- Who will be performing at my wedding?
- How much space will you need?
- How long will you perform?
- What happens if the reception runs long?
- Do you have a standard music list?
- Can I give you a “Must Play” and “Do Not Play” list?
- Will you take song requests?
- Do you provide sound equipment?
- Do you provide uplighting?
- What kind of breaks do you require? Can you play music during that time?
Additional Questions to Ask a DJ
- Do you have videos of the DJ playing at an event?
- Do you provide any other entertainment?
Additional Questions to Ask a Band
- Can you learn songs for my wedding?
- Do you have videos of the band playing at an event?
- How many meals do you require? What are your rider requirements?
WEDDING ENTERTAINMENT CHECKLIST + TIMELINE
- Interview DJs and musicians
- Book DJ and musicians
- Ask your venue what sound and electrical capabilities they have for entertainment
- Begin creating “Must Play” and “Do Not Play” song lists
- Listen to The Wedding Guys Spotify Playlists to get inspired for your ceremony, reception, bachelorette, and more!
- Choose ceremony and reception music with DJ and musicians
- Music during ceremony (Ex: unity ceremony music)
- Entrance Music
- First Dance
- Father Daughter Dance
- Mother Son Dance
- Create a timeline of music with DJ and musicians
- TIP: If they are also emceeing, go over the name pronunciation of your wedding party prior to the wedding day
- Confirm contracted services
- Review set times and all production needs
- Confirm arrival and set times
- Send band, DJ, etc. a day-of schedule and floor plan layout
OR CLICK THE BELOW IMAGES TO SAVE TO YOUR CAMERA ROLL
Be sure to check out our other planning checklists!
Sometimes etiquette rules for weddings can be a bit difficult to adhere to in today’s social situations. In this article, I...