Cake and dessert are arguably some of the best things about weddings. Who doesn’t love a sweet treat? But before you indulge, there are a few important tasks that need to happen and key questions to ask your baker before they begin creating delicious confections. Here are questions to ask when interviewing bakers as well as a Wedding Cake and Dessert Checklist and Timeline.
Questions to Ask Your Wedding Bakery
- Are you available for my wedding date?
- Can I get a contract in writing?
- What deposit do you require?
- When is the final payment due?
- Can you share some reviews with me?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How far in advance should I order my cake?
- Do you offer tastings? Is there a charge or is it complimentary?
- How many people can I bring to my cake tasting?
- Do you have any travel fees?
- Do you provide delivery and setup?
- Do you have a portfolio I can see?
- Can I customize my cake and colors?
- What flavors of cake and filling do you have?
- Do you offer other options like cupcakes or cookies?
- How large should my cake and order be to feed our guests?
- I want to add floral to my cake, do you have any preferred florists to work with?
- Do you offer a mini cake on our first year anniversary?
WEDDING CAKE AND DESSERT CHECKLIST + TIMELINE
- Check out cake image galleries and Pinterest for inspiration
- Decide on cake and dessert budget
- Attend cake and dessert tastings
- TIP: Don’t forget to ask your venue if they have a cake-cutting fee for outside services
- Interview and select bakery
- Order wedding cake and/or desserts
- TIP: Some small bakeries will fill up fast, so it doesn’t hurt to book earlier!
- Order groom’s cake
- A groom’s cake is a separate, more informal and fun cake that suits the groom’s personality
- Choose style and flavor
- Schedule delivery and setup of wedding cake and desserts
- Provide your final guest count to the baker
- Purchase a cake cutting knife and server
- Confirm arrival and delivery time of cakes and desserts
OR CLICK THE BELOW IMAGES TO SAVE TO YOUR CAMERA ROLL
Be sure to check out our other planning checklists!
It’s officially engagement season! Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve are the three most popular...