Last year, Bud Light created a city of brand ambassadors in an activation that created more content then one could have even imagined. Following it’s hugely successful Television campaign “Up for Whatever” that kicked off with the 2014 Super Bowl spot, Bud Light decided to take over Crested Butte, CO, litterally painting the town blue and creating WHATEVER, USA. Bud Light was able to craft an interesting, yet authentic story that followed the experience of 1,300 winners who had been selected through a series of both on-line and at on-site events ‘auditions’.
These winners would experience a weekend of premium activities, while sporting their provided beverage – Bud Light. The results? Staggering!
- More than 1.8 million consumers were engaged, including 1.35 million on-premises
- The campaign collected 200,000 video auditions.
- Engagement metrics were 40% greater than Super Bowl XLVIII and website traffic was 212 percent greater.
- Reached 15 million unique people following WHATEVER, USA Weekend, via massive social-sharing from 1,300 attendees.
- Reported Brand Preference grew 30 percent
- 300 million millennial media impressions, part of more than 600 million total PR impressions, and 587 million social impressions.