A great wedding photographer will capture every detail of your day from your getting ready photos to your last dance of the night. When choosing a photographer, you want to pick someone talented that you can trust! Here are some questions to ask when booking your photographer as well as a Wedding Photography Checklist and Timeline.
Questions to Ask Your Wedding Photographer
- Are you available for my wedding date?
- If not, do you have an associate photographer that is?
- What deposit do you require? When is it due?
- When is the final payment due?
- How many weddings does your company service in a day?
- Can I get a contract in writing?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Can you share some reviews with me?
- How far in advance should I book with you?
- Do you have any travel fees?
- What packages do you have available?
- Do you offer customized packages?
- Is a second shooter included?
- Is an engagement session included in your packages?
- How long have you been in business?
- How many weddings have you shot?
- How would you describe your photography style?
- How would you describe your working style?
- Do you have an updated portfolio I can see?
- Do you edit all of your own images?
- What breaks do you require?
- What time will you be on-site?
- Can I provide you with a shot list?
- How many final images will I get?
- How will the photos/video be delivered to me?
- Will I have full rights to the images?
- Do you provide image backup?
- Do you have equipment for taking indoor photos without natural lighting?
- Have you shot at my venue? Can I see examples if you have?
- If my event runs long, can you stay longer? Is there an extra charge?
- When do I get to see my photos/video? Will I receive a preview?
- Do you offer photo albums? Are they included in any packages?
- What is your backup plan if you are unable to shoot my wedding for any reason?
WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY CHECKLIST + TIMELINE
- Research photographers and different wedding photography styles
- Interview and select photographer
- TIP: Do this early, our market is very competitive!
- Have an engagement photo shoot
- Decide on photograph locations outside of ceremony and reception site to take pictures
- Create a shot list with your photographer
- Create a wedding day photo timeline
- Let the family know of starting time for photographs
- Prepare detail items for the photographer
- Invitation suite, heirlooms, shoes, accessories, rings, vow book
- Confirm arrival time
- Send the photographer a day-of schedule and floor plan layout
- Wear wedding rings during pre-ceremony photos, then hand off to Best Man before the ceremony
- Be the stars of the show!
OR CLICK THE BELOW IMAGES TO SAVE TO YOUR CAMERA ROLL
Be sure to check out our other planning checklists!
Design Studio by Stacy Think about it, vineyards are romantic, even for those that don’t drink wine. There are many reasons...