If you’re looking for the perfect engagement ring, wedding band or something beautiful to wear for any part of the wedding celebration, Arthur’s Jewelers has you covered! This week, we spoke with Tyler, owner of Arthur’s Jeweler’s to get the scoop on all things wedding jewelry. Read more about how this family owned business has turned into one of the largest and favorite sources for wedding Jewelry in the Twin Cities, in this week’s VOW!
Q: What does Arthur’s Jewelers specialize in?
A: Arthur’s specializes in engagement rings and wedding bands. We have more than 2,000 wedding bands and 2,000 engagement rings in stock. That is more than the next 5 largest stores combined! Most stores do not stock men’s wedding bands. Stores on the radio that say they have the largest selection of men’s wedding bands have about 120, we have over 1,000 and probably close to 1500 men’s wedding bands.
Q: Where are you located?
A: We are conveniently located between St. Paul and Minneapolis in Roseville, on Lexington at Larpenteur. Just north of Como Park in a 12,000 square foot store.
Q: What makes Arthur’s Jewelers stand out compared to other wedding jewelry options?
1. Selection, no one comes close to what we offer at the best prices in the Twin Cities. We have the broadest collection of designs.
2. We offer over 9 different metals for men from the hardest in the world Elysium & Tungsten, to Meteorite, Cobalt, Black Zircon, Silver, Damascus Steel, Mokume, Yellow, white and rose gold, platinum and palladium.
3. With any precious metal band purchased for a men’s wedding band over $500, we give him a free Tungsten Sports Band valued between $280-$400. Tungsten is scratch resistant and guy’s can wear it when doing sports, at the cabin, yard work or any activity that would be hard on rings. This keeps his wedding band in good shape. It fits a guy’s lifestyle.
4. We have an amazing guarantee and take care of diamond loss and service to the ring FREE FOR LIFE. It is the only guarantee where the answer is always YES! I think couples love this about Arthur’s. We have a team of goldsmiths and an award winning CAD designer on staff. We take care of everything right here.
5. We can custom make a wedding band to fit any engagement ring or curve, for a perfect match. The custom wedding bands are the same price as if they were in the showcase. Many stores cannot match wedding bands to engagement rings they sell. At Arthur’s we can personalize any custom engagement ring or wedding band.
Q: When and how did Arthur’s Jewelers begin?
A: Arthur’s began as a family owned and operated store in October of 1987. It was my dad Frank, mother Marilyn, myself, and my sister Natalie.
Q: What’s an average day like for Arthur’s Jewelers?
A: Crazy, it is all about the customer and treating them as a friend! We hear from many happy clients that they loved the knowledge of our expert staff, the ability to get answers even on custom designs right when they were in the store, with no pressure to buy, we make people feel comfortable. It is truly rewarding to help couples in their happiest times of their life, and celebrate together!
Q: What would you want couples who are searching for a unique engagement ring or wedding jewelry piece to know about Arthur’s Jewelers?
A: Bring your thoughts and creativity and work with our expert staff and award winning CAD designer, we are one of the best in the country at custom rings and personalizing it for you, our customer!
Q: Do you have any stories of couples from Arthur’s Jewelers that you could share?
A: It is amazing how couples share everything with their Jewelers. There have been many creative proposals over the years. But there was a special moment last week in our store. Rachel and Matt met us at a show a year ago. Rachel called to come to our store and look at rings, she felt she had a modest budget and wanted to make sure we had many rings in the range they wanted to spend. When working with them trying on rings, you could really see a special connection between them. Matt was always watching her eyes on how she reacted to trying on a ring, he wasn’t even looking at the rings for a while. To him, it was how she felt towards it and how she smiled when she tried on the ring. We were talking about her fitbit, and we were kidding around about measuring her heart rate. He would have her try on a ring and kid around to see what her fitbit said. If it didn’t make her heart race, it wasn’t the right ring. The two of them kept having moments in our store together, and Rachel said, “I never thought I would be getting married to such a wonderful man, I can’t believe we are here.” Towards the end of the visit, Rachel really loved a ring style and the special diamond we found for her, it was more than what they had talked about. He basically said you are worth it and it’s your ring. They cried and hugged for about 5 minutes. I poured them champagne and let them enjoy it together. It was truly remarkable to witness such an amazing moment between 2 people. Arthur’s was packed, and everyone noticed the special moment. It touched all of our hearts…it was like time stopped. They are a wonderful couple and excited to spend their life together!
Q: How far in advance should a guy start planning his ring purchase? When should a bride pick out her wedding day jewels?
A: I think guy’s should start planning purchasing the engagement ring about 3 months out. Couples should come in for their wedding bands about 9 months before their wedding to start getting ideas.
Q: What do you like about working in the wedding industry?
A: Celebrating a wonderful time in life with couples…it is very rewarding.
Arthur’s Jewelers Lightning Round questions:
Q: Describe yourself in three words:
A: Thoughtful, resourceful, gratitude
Q: Gold, Platinum or Rose Gold?
Q: Red or White?
Q: Black Tie or Farm to Table?
A: Black Tie
Q: Chocolate or Vanilla?
Q: Milk, Dark or white chocolate?
Q: What’s your go-to comfort food?
Q: What is your favorite board game?