Yay! You’re engaged! With overwhelming excitement on starting this new chapter in your life, it’s hard to think of what’s next. On the journey of planning your big day choosing a venue can be hard, but it is one of the first items you should cross off your list. We have some tips and tools for you to use for smooth planning to your happy beginning.
- Create your wedding vision
- Making vision boards or mood boards can help direct you in the direction of what you like and don’t like for working towards your picture-perfect wedding.
2. Money honey $
- Creating a budget, not only how much you wanna spend on your venue but the overall wedding in general.
3. Guest list
- Finalizing a guest list or at least a detailed draft is essential before you even begin the venue search. Many venues have strict capacity policies and nothing is worse than falling in love with a venue that can’t fit all your friends and family.
4. Narrow down your venue search
- After looking at what feels like a million pictures and sending emails to various venues it’s time to narrow down the search. Making a pro and con list can help you eliminate some of your choices.
5. Schedule tours
- Once you have a shorter list of venue options, contact the coordinator or advisor at the venue to book a meeting and tour!
6. Was it the rustic barn? The glamours venue downtown? The country club with the flawless golf course? Whatever your heart desires, it’s time to book your reception venue!
- Venues fill up fast depending on location and time of year, some book up years in advance! Especially during busy wedding seasons, many brides are on their feet on booking their reception venue!