Hiring a wedding planner is something we always recommend for engaged couples. They will help you ensure your day is executed flawlessly so you can focus on celebrating your wedding day! Check out our questions to ask a wedding planner when deciding to hire one, and a Wedding Planner Checklist and Timeline.
There are a variety of ways to utilize a wedding planner or coordinator to help you on your day. There are day-of wedding coordinators, partial planners, and customized options. This list is for if you are hiring a full-service wedding planner.
Questions to Ask Your Wedding Planner
- Are you available for my wedding date?
- What deposit do you require?
- When is the final payment due?
- How many weddings does your company service in a day?
- Can I get a contract in writing?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Can you share some reviews with me?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How far in advance should I book with you?
- How many weddings have you planned?
- What kind of packages do you offer?
- How will you help us create our vision and bring it to life?
- How many times will we meet?
- Do you handle our vendors, contracts, and payments?
- Will you help me select vendors?
- Have you planned any weddings at our venue?
- Will you handle the invites and guest list coordination and RSVPs?
- Do you coordinate set up and tear down times with vendors?
- How many of your staff will be on-site?
- Do you create timelines for vendors and the wedding party?
- What happens if you are sick or an emergency arises on our wedding day?
- Do you have personal liability and professional indemnity insurance?
- Do you have any travel fees?
- Do you have any extra fees? I.e. sales tax, service fees, gratuities?
WEDDING PLANNER CHECKLIST + TIMELINE
- Decide on the style of the wedding (casual, semi-formal, black-tie)
- Begin a mood board of wants, needs, and theme
- Interview with potential planners and/or coordinators and book their services
- TIP: Your venue may provide one, but be sure to ask
- Attend venue tours and book venue
- Work with planner to book hotel accommodations and transportation needs
- Plan out the design of the day and decide on the color palette and theme
- Decide on invitation and stationery design
- Attend cake tastings and choose bakery
- Attend catering tastings and choose caterer
- Decide on rental items for ceremony and reception
- Choose floral for wedding party, ceremony, and reception
- Work on wedding day timelines and floor plan layout
- Confirm contracted services with planner
- Check in on guest list RSVPs and get final count
- Confirm timelines and last-minute details
- Have a wedding ceremony rehearsal
- Relax and let them handle all the details!
OR CLICK THE BELOW IMAGES TO SAVE TO YOUR CAMERA ROLL
Be sure to check out our other planning checklists!
WHAT IS THE INSPIRATION STATION? One of the truly unique experiences at The Twin Cities Bridal Show is the Inspiration...