If you have guests staying at hotel properties separate from your wedding venue, providing transportation for them is a great way to make sure they get back safely! You also may want to rent a vintage getaway car to drive off in after your reception. If you are considering rental vehicles for your wedding, this Wedding Transportation Checklist is a helpful tool when booking along with questions to ask these companies when checking out their fleet.
Questions to Ask Your Transportation Company
- Are you available for my wedding date?
- What deposit do you require?
- When is the final payment due?
- How many weddings does your company service in a day?
- Can I get a contract in writing?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Can you share some reviews with me?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How far in advance should I book with you?
- What kind of vehicles do you have?
- What amenities do your vehicles have?
- What packages do you offer?
- Do you have a minimum? How does it vary between vehicles?
- Can we view the vehicles before we book?
- Who will be the chauffeur(s)?
- Will we meet the driver(s) in advance?
- What does the driver wear?
- Who will be our day-of contact person?
- What does your insurance cover?
- How many hours will we have transportation?
- Can we decorate the vehicles?
- What is your food and drink policy?
- Do you have a music hookup in the vehicle?
- What happens if a vehicle breaks down at our wedding?
- Are there any additional fees?
WEDDING TRANSPORTATION CHECKLIST + TIMELINE
- Research transportation options
- Interview transportation companies and view vehicle options
- Decide what your transportation needs are
- Wedding Party
- To and/or from the hotel(s)
- To reception from the ceremony site
- Private vehicle for bride(s) and groom(s)
- Reserve transportation. This could include…
- Private cars
- Vintage car
- Decide on pickup and drop off points
- Decide on pickup and drop off times
- Get approximate number of those needing transportation from each pickup location
- Give transportation company a day-of contact (Planner, Personal Attendant)
- Confirm pick-up and drop off time(s)
- Send them a day-of schedule and map
- Prepare tip for transporation drivers
OR CLICK THE BELOW IMAGES TO SAVE TO YOUR CAMERA ROLL
Be sure to check out our other planning checklists!
My clients know that they can always count on me to be taking care of their needs.
Organizing your wedding day can be a daunting task, so why not let a professional wedding coordinator handle it for you?...