If you have guests staying at hotel properties separate from your wedding venue, providing transportation for them is a great way to make sure they get back safely! You also may want to rent a vintage getaway car to drive off in after your reception. If you are considering rental vehicles for your wedding, this Wedding Transportation Checklist is a helpful tool when booking along with questions to ask these companies when checking out their fleet.
Questions to Ask Your Transportation Company
- Are you available for my wedding date?
- What deposit do you require?
- When is the final payment due?
- How many weddings does your company service in a day?
- Can I get a contract in writing?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Can you share some reviews with me?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- How far in advance should I book with you?
- What kind of vehicles do you have?
- What amenities do your vehicles have?
- What packages do you offer?
- Do you have a minimum? How does it vary between vehicles?
- Can we view the vehicles before we book?
- Who will be the chauffeur(s)?
- Will we meet the driver(s) in advance?
- What does the driver wear?
- Who will be our day-of contact person?
- What does your insurance cover?
- How many hours will we have transportation?
- Can we decorate the vehicles?
- What is your food and drink policy?
- Do you have a music hookup in the vehicle?
- What happens if a vehicle breaks down at our wedding?
- Are there any additional fees?
WEDDING TRANSPORTATION CHECKLIST + TIMELINE
- Research transportation options
- Interview transportation companies and view vehicle options
- Decide what your transportation needs are
- Wedding Party
- To and/or from the hotel(s)
- To reception from the ceremony site
- Private vehicle for bride(s) and groom(s)
- Reserve transportation. This could include…
- Private cars
- Vintage car
- Decide on pickup and drop off points
- Decide on pickup and drop off times
- Get approximate number of those needing transportation from each pickup location
- Give transportation company a day-of contact (Planner, Personal Attendant)
- Confirm pick-up and drop off time(s)
- Send them a day-of schedule and map
- Prepare tip for transporation drivers
OR CLICK THE BELOW IMAGES TO SAVE TO YOUR CAMERA ROLL
Be sure to check out our other planning checklists!